Sunday, January 5, 2014

The Keepers: Sienna

Description Provided by Goodreads: Sienna Beckham is a powerful witch, and along with her four fiercely protective Keepers, it is her destiny to maintain the balance of nature in this world.
Tonight, it's the town carnival and everyone will be there: Sienna's family; her friends; her protectors. Archer.
Laughter and flirtation await.
But in a few hours, Sienna's life will have changed forever and her powers stretched to their very limits.
For something is lurking in the forest…
Murder. Sorcery. Revenge.
And no one saw it coming.
Find out how it all began…


To learn more about the book click on the following link: Goodreads 

To buy the book click on any of the following links: AmazonBarnes&NobleKobo


Previous to reading this book I had read the first book in the series, The Keepers: Archer, and while I absolutely loved the book I found that it needed more background information. The Keepers: Sienna is the answer to all (well most) of the unsolved mysteries from the first book. So without further adieu I present to you the review for The Keepers: Sienna.

Storyline: While this story only took place in a short span of time, about a day, it encompassed so much that there was never one boring moment in the story. I felt that the story was well paced and it allowed the readers time to immerse themselves in the lives of Sienna, her Keepers, her grandmother, Rose, and Mason.

Writing: Other books that I have read that only span a short period of time seem as if the characters and the story weren't developed well; however, this was not the case in this book. Rae Rivers's writing completely amazed me in this book due to the fact that, as mentioned before, the story takes place in about a day; yet, she was able to put so much emotion, context, and action that I was completely drawn into the lives of the characters.

Characters:
Sienna: The Sienna that I read about in this book was different from the one I read about in The Keepers: Archer. I found that in this book Sienna was more afraid of her powers and wasn't ready to embrace them quite yet; however, this was not a bad thing for me. This made me appreciate and like Sienna's character more because of all the character development that she undergoes from the end of this book to the end of the first book. This also helped me to better understand her decision that is mentioned in the end of this book and beginning of the first book. I also enjoyed reading about her connection with Sarah, which is something that can't be seen in the first book.

Sarah/Archer: In this book Archer was still his devilishly handsome, funny, caring, and heroic self. I loved reading about the beginning of Archer and Sienna's relationship and his character before the event. One of the things that I absolutely loved about this book was the character Sarah. In the first book, The Keepers: Archer, there are multiple references to her and her meaning to Sienna. After reading this book those references became clear. I also enjoyed reading about Sarah's bubbly personality and the love she had for Sienna.

Overall: I absolutely loved reading this book! Having read The Keepers: Archer, the first book in the series, before I found that there were some gaps missing in the story; however, after finishing this book everything makes perfect sense. I loved getting to know the characters better in this book and it made me want to reread The Keepers: Archer. (Although I couldn't because it got lost in a transfer of accounts on Amazon) Anyways, I highly recommend reading this book and the first book, The Keepers: Archer!

Rating: I would give this book a 10!

No comments:

Post a Comment