Wednesday, August 28, 2013

A to Z Book Blogger Survey

School has officially started for me, and for a lot of you too, which means that its questionnaire time. My school seems to have a fascination within surveys because they have a survey for almost everything. My AP Literature teacher not being the exception. Thus far I've had to fill out six surveys that add up to more than 75 questions that I've had to answer about my reading habits. And let me just tell you that these are hard questions, such as how many hours do you read a week and what my favorite book is?!? Favorite book, really?? How do you ask us bookaholics what our favorite book is?!?! Anyhoo, even though I've filled out about a thousand questionnaires I decided to do a questionnaire about books that I found on The Perpetual Page Turner through another blog I follow, this one just for fun.


AtoZsurvey

Author you’ve read the most books from:

This one took me a while to go over my list of books I read but I finally figured out that I've read 12 books by Ellen Schreiber. I read all 9 book in her Vampire Kisses series and I read all three books currently in her Full Moon series. Truthfully, I hadn't really thought about this until now.

Best Sequel Ever:

Clockwork Prince!!! Holy Moly this book is action packed with suspense, romance, and surprises!! It absolutely blew me away especially since I had such high expectations for it after Clockwork Angel. A must read and  it was definitely worth the wait.

Currently Reading:

I am currently reading Of Triton by Anna Banks and so far it is flippin amazing (Get it? Flippers? Lol you do if you've read the first book Of Poseidon)

Drink of Choice While Reading:

Hot rice milk with honey of course!!

E-reader or Physical Book?

Physical book all the way; although I do read one of two book a year on the kindle app. I just prefer physical books; it's a whole different reading a physical book than an ebook. Plus with a physical book I know how far along I am in the book.

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:


This is definitely a hard one, plus I'm still in high school, so they fictional character that I would probably date right now is Logan freaking Quinn from the Mythos Academy series by Jennifer Estep. He's gorgeous, sarcastic, protective, sweet, honest, noble hearted, a spartan, and amazing overall. I would be totally smitten if I met him and I'm not afraid to admit it!

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:

I'm really glad I finally decided to read Poison Princess. I kept putting it off and I finally read it one day that figment offered it as a free read. I absolutely love it and I'm counting down the days until the sequel, Endless Knight, come out!!!!

Hidden Gem Book:

The Morning Gift by Eva Ibbotson. I found this book by accident at the library and I decided to read it. This is a tender, romantic, and amazing book. I love the characters, their sacrifices, and their story. I never would have found this book if it hadn't been shelved incorrectly. 

Important Moment in your Reading Life:

The day I got a readers' advanced copy of a book I absolutely had been dying for. It was recent and I don't want to ruin the surprise because there will be a blog post on the book, so look forward to it!!

Just Finished:

I just finished reading Of Poseidon because I borrowed the sequel, Of Triton, from the library and I really felt like reading Of Poseidon again. It definitely made me want to read Of Triton that much more and it reminded me of a lot of things I didn't remember.
Kinds of Books You Won’t Read:
I will not read history and physics books. Over the summer I read two books for my honors physics class and while they were insightful they were not my taste and confused me too. 

Longest Book You’ve Read:

The longest book I've ever read is Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead. It is the last book in the Vampire Academy series, which is being made into a movie!!!!! Last Sacrifice is 594 pages long.

Major book hangover because of:

Midnight Frost by Jennifer Estep, Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare, The Elite by Kiera Cass, Sweet Peril Wendy Higgins, On the Scent by Angela Campbell, Dracian Legacy by Priya Kanaparti, The Prince of Wolves by Quinn Loftis, Biting Cold by Chloe Neill, Dragonfly by Julia Golding, The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa, Hex Hall by Rachel Hawking, Significance by Shelly Crane, Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick, Consumed by Julia Crane, Captivate by Carrie Jones. (To name a few lol!!) 

Number of Bookcases You Own:

I used to own a really small one and I outgrew that one after a while and the same goes for the second bookcase I owned. I'm currently on my third bookcase but I'm about 7 books away from outgrowing that one too, so fourth bookcase here I come!!

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:

I have re-read Falling Under by Gwen Hayes about 5 times and each time I read it I fall in love with the characters all over again and I never get tired of reading it. Every time I read it I find that I'm still on the edge of my seat waiting to see what will happen to the characters even though I already know what will happen.

Preferred Place To Read:

In a quite corner of my house, where I can't be bothered or hear any noise.

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:

“Whatever you are physically...male or female, strong or weak, ill or healthy--all those things matter less than what your heart contains. If you have the soul of a warrior, you are a warrior. All those other things, they are the glass that contains the lamp, but you are the light inside.” -Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

Reading Regret:

I regret reading the ending of Ascend by Amanda Hocking. The main character was torn between two love interests; one of the love interests was new and made his first appearance in the second book while the other love interest had been there since the first book. Anyhoo, in the third book the character was leaning more towards the one I didn't want her to choose and I "accidentally" (not) read the ending and learned which love interest she end up with. Suffice to say I was not happy with the character she chose and I couldn't read the end of the book and ended up regretting reading the other two book in the series.

Series You Started And Need To Finish(all books are out in series):

Elemental Series by Brigid Kemmerer. I read the first two books, Storm and Spark, but I haven't read the other three books. It's not that they're bad, they are not. I actually really like the stories but the stories are on different brothers. For example Storm was on one brother, Chris, and Spark was on another brother, Gabriel. I would have much rather all the books be about one characters, Chris preferably, but I like the book none the less.

Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:

Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick, Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead, and Evernight by Claudia Gray. This was a hard choice but I absolutely love these books!!!

Unapologetic Fangirl For:

All my literary boyfriends and the amazingly, heart racing, and romantic moments they have, some which include Patch from Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick, Caleb from Significance by Shelly Crane, Dimitri from Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead, Galen from Of Poseidon by Anna Banks, Ash from The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa, Archer from Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins, and sooooooooooo many, many, many, more!!!!

Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:

I am SUPER EXCITED for the release of Killer Frost by Jennifer Estep!!! It might be the last book in the Mythos Academy series and a certain Spartan has finally come to his senses and return to Mythos, so I'm super excited to see how everything will turn out and what will happen with all the characters.

Worst Bookish Habit:

When I turn the page I tend to look at the following page and catch a glimpse of what is going to happen. Ex. I turn the page and instead of automatically reading page 40 I see part of page 41 and what's going on.

X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:

Independence by Shelly Crane is the 27th book on my bookshelf.

Your latest book purchase:

The last book I bought was Blood Rites by Quinn Loftis; it is the second book in The Grey Wolves series. I have yet to read it, as I recently borrowed Of Triton from my local library but hopefully I'll be able to read it soon!!!

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):

The last book that kept me up really late was Prince of Wolves by Quinn Loftis, which is the first book in The Grey Wolves series. I started reading it around 4 in the afternoon and I kept reading it past midnight, past 2 in the morning, and past 4 in the morning. Let's just say that I was awake for the opening of the stock market and still reading the book; it was totally worth it though!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment